Thai Sweet Potato Soup
750g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
2 cups water
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 teaspoons red curry paste
2 tablespoons chopped lemon grass
1 teaspoon brown sugar
11/4 teaspoons salt
2 cups So Good soy milk
1 cup Lite coconut milk
2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
1. Place sweet potato and water in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until sweet potato is soft.
2. Heat oil in a frypan. Sauté onion, curry paste and lemon grass until soft.
3. Remove from heat and add to sweet potato.
4. Add brown sugar, salt, So Good and coconut milk. Blend or process mixture until smooth and creamy.
5. Reheat but do not boil. Stir through coriander. Serve garnished with extra coriander.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
email this recipe to a friend»