580g silken soft tofu
5 egg yolks
3 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup So Good Chocolate or So Good Vanilla soy beverage
1/2 cup water (hot)
1 tablespoon instant coffee
200g ladyfinger cookies
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Drain the tofu in a sieve.
2. Beat the egg yolks, sugar and 1/4 cup So Good soy beverage with an electric mixer until thickened; approx. 3 minutes.
3. Heat up the above egg yolks/soy beverage mixture in a heavy saucepan over medium heat (be sure it doesn't boil) until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Whisk continually to prevent curdling.
4. Let mixture cool then strain through a sieve.
5. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
6. Blend the drained tofu (Step 1) until pureed in a blender.
7. Add the So Good soy beverage mixture (Step 4) and mix well.
8. Transfer the mixture to a clean bowl and fold in the beaten egg whites (Step 5).
9. Dissolve instant coffee in the hot water and stir in the remaining So Good soy beverage (1/4 cup). Dip the ladyfingers generously into the mixture
10. Lay a third of the ladyfingers in the bottom of a glass serving bowl and spread with one-third of So Good soy beverage mixture. Continue to lay the ladyfingers and mixture in this fashion finishing with a layer of mixture on top.
11. Sift cocoa lightly over the top.
12. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day before serving.
email this recipe to a friend»