Steamed Salmon and Creamy Leek Sauce
4 salmon fillets, skin on
1 1/2 cups sliced leeks
1 tbsp. margarine
1 cup So Good Original soy beverage
2 tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
Salt and black pepper; to taste
Lemon Wedge (optional)
1. Place salmon fillets on an oiled rack placed in a pot, skin side down, over 1-2 inches of rapidly boiling water
2. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and steam for 8-10 minutes while keeping water at a constant boil.
3. While salmon steams, melt 1 tablespoon margarine in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks. Cook and stir until tender. Remove from heat; set aside.
4. Remove cooked fillets to a platter and cover with aluminum foil or a lid to keep warm.
5. Heat 3/4 cup of So Good soy beverage over medium heat; do not let it boil. In a bowl, combine the remaining ¼ cup So Good soy beverage and cornstarch. Mix into heated mixture and cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens. Mix in reserved leeks and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over salmon fillets. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
email this recipe to a friend»