200g mixed dried fruit, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon water
2 large Bosc or Packham pears, cored and halved
¼ cup chopped macadamia nuts
1. In a bowl, combine dried fruit, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar and water.
2. Put pear halves in a microwave dish, cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 minutes, or until tender but firm.
3. Place pear halves on a lightly greased baking tray with the cored centre facing up. You may need to slice some pear off the bottom to ensure it remains level.
4. Spoon fruit mixture into the centre of pears and top with chopped macadamia nuts.
5. Bake in a moderate oven, 180oC, for 20 minutes, or until macadamia nuts are golden. Serve with So Good Vanilla ice cream alternative.
email this recipe to a friend»